One Fifty Parker Avenue School is not currently looking for teachers to join our team. Please check back here periodically to learn if/when that changes.
If you enjoy the serious business of supporting children’s play, if you honor both children and the experience of childhood, if you want to help children pursue their passions, if you’re invested in helping children develop the skills needed to grow into self-confident, creative, empathetic little citizens…
If you love teaching 3-5 year olds, have at least 12 ECE units & 3 years’ teaching experience, and are interested in joining the Parker School team, please send your CV to Director Andrea Hart at email@example.com for future teaching opportunities.
At Parker School, we offer a small, homelike setting where children can explore freely, spread their wings, and discover who they are and what it means to be a part of a larger community. We believe children learn best and make sense of the world around them when given time to play. Our teachers are skilled play facilitators, guiding children through their social interactions and peer relationships to help build their confidence, language skills, and empathy. Our curriculum is grounded in social-emotional development and by the end of their time at Parker School, children have learned how to express themselves, their ideas, and their feelings. With gentle guidance, each child builds their ability to emotionally self-regulate in our safe and nurturing classrooms.
Teachers offer thoughtful amounts of structure to each classroom and provide plenty of opportunities for inquiry and hands-on learning. Our emergent, developmentally-appropriate curriculum stems from the children’s interests. Projects and activities have the flexibility to take new shape as teachers become learners alongside the children. Through these projects, children ask questions and express themselves through language, art, dance, writing, dramatic play, and building. They problem-solve, test theories, and learn to persevere.
A successful applicant should possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and 12 ECE units, including core courses
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an ECE teacher
- Strong knowledge of and connection to child-centered, play-based philosophy. The ideal candidate will have experience with emergent curriculum with a focus on social-emotional development and inquiry-based learning
- A commitment to reflective practice, and an openness to continual professional development
- The ability to collaborate with a team of 3 other teachers
- Ability to relate to and empathize with a diverse community of children, parents, and co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience documenting each child’s development, strengths, and challenges in order to guide curriculum, communicate with parents, and inform decision making.
One Fifty Parker Avenue School is an institution that values community and prioritizes the well-being of its teachers. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits that include five weeks paid vacation (including paid holidays), ten personal days, health and dental coverage, retirement and other pre-tax benefits, a professional development stipend for workshops and classes, and the opportunity to work with a driven, professional team of teachers.