One Fifty Parker Avenue School is currently looking for an interim teacher to join our team (December 2017 or sooner through the end of May 2018 with the possibility of extending through the summer or longer).
If you enjoy the serious business of supporting children’s play, if you honor both children and the experience of childhood, if you want to help children pursue their passions, if you’re invested in helping children develop the skills needed to grow into self-confident, creative, empathetic little citizens…
If you love teaching 3-5 year old children, meet the below qualifications, and are interested in joining the Parker School on our PM Nursery teaching team, send your CV and a cover letter outlining your teaching philosophy to Director Andrea Hart at email@example.com with "PM Teacher" in the subject line.
Interim PM Preschool Teacher
Position: Interim PM Preschool Teacher
· M-F, full-time (30 to 35 hours/week), more hours available many weeks from December 1, 2017 through May 30, 2018 with the possibility of starting sooner and extending longer.
· Some evenings and weekends required
· Begins by December 1, 2017
One Fifty Parker Avenue School is a cozy, well-loved non-profit preschool nestled in the Laurel Heights neighborhood of San Francisco. Since 1954, we have been a play-based school that honors and values each child’s interests and their right to hands-on learning. We view each and every child as capable and competent and help to foster a lifelong love of learning and an inner confidence through our unique approach to teaching. We celebrate diversity in our community and are happy to offer Tuition Assistance to qualifying families.
At Parker School, we offer a small, homelike setting where children can explore freely, spread their wings, and discover who they are and what it means to be a part of a larger community. We believe children learn best and make sense of the world around them when given time to play. Our teachers are skilled play facilitators, guiding children through their social interactions and peer relationships to help build their confidence, language skills, and empathy. Our curriculum is grounded in social-emotional development and by the end of their time at Parker School, children have learned how to express themselves, their ideas, and their feelings. With gentle guidance, each child builds their ability to emotionally self-regulate in our safe and nurturing classrooms.
Teachers offer thoughtful amounts of structure to each classroom and provide plenty of opportunities for inquiry and hands-on learning. Our emergent, developmentally-appropriate curriculum stems from the children’s interests. Projects and activities have the flexibility to take new shape as teachers become learners alongside the children. Through these projects, children ask questions and express themselves through language, art, dance, writing, dramatic play, and building. They problem-solve, test theories, and learn to persevere.
One Fifty Parker Avenue School is an institution that values community and prioritizes the well-being of its teachers. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits that include five weeks paid vacation (including paid holidays), ten personal days, health and dental coverage, retirement and other pre-tax benefits, a professional development stipend for workshops and classes, and the opportunity to work with a driven, professional team of teachers.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our team of preschool teachers, starting December 1, 2017 or sooner. The teacher will work with 3 co-teachers in our PM Nursery, composed of 24 4-year-old children, from 11:30pm-4:30pm Monday–Friday. Teachers also have an additional 3 hours/week dedicated to team collaboration and curriculum development, and another 2-4 hours/week scheduled to support the wider school. The position will be paid for 29-35+ hours/week with additional pay for work done outside those hours.
The successful applicant should possess the following:
· A bachelor’s degree and 12 ECE units, including core courses
· Some experience as an ECE teacher preferred but we are open to welcoming a teacher new to the field
· Strong knowledge of and connection to child-centered, play-based philosophy. The ideal candidate will have experience with emergent curriculum with a focus on social-emotional development and inquiry-based learning.
· A commitment to reflective practice, and an openness to continual professional development
· The ability to collaborate with a team of 3 other teachers
· The ability to relate to and empathize with a diverse community of children, parents, and co-workers
· The physical ability to move around and support young children's wide variety of needs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience documenting each child’s development, strengths, and challenges in order to guide curriculum, communicate with parents, and inform decision making.
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your educational philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interim PM Teacher” in the subject line. Please visit our website at www.onefiftyparker.org for more information about our school.